Roxana Public Library
The Roxana Public Library District provides library services to all residents living within the Library District boundaries with services available to others for a Non-resident library card fee.
The Roxana Public Library was established in 1939. It was housed in one large room on the second floor of the Community Building. The Library began with a collection of 12,500. In December 1968 it was learned the grant application had been approved. Construction began in April 1969 and in mid-summer 1970 the new building opened. The present home of the Roxana Public Library is an attractive one-story, brick building with computer rooms, reading areas, a children’s area, and an annex with a meeting room and kitchen facilities and is fully handicapped accessible.
The library holds over 25,000 materials including over 15,000 books, and 8,000 compact discs, cassette tapes, and books on cassette.